Terms of Services for the Use of the Website www.cryptofinance.org
Version effective as of 2018-09-01
These are the general terms and conditions ("ToS") of Crypto Analytics AG, Zurich ("Crypto Analytics", "we" or "us") for the use of the www.cryptofinance.org website and related applications (the "Site") and use or purchase (where relevant) of its products and services including but not limited to content, newsletters, price alerts, merchandise, databases, discussion forum, articles, guides, reports and information (collectively, the "Services"). Crypto Analytics is a private limited company incorporated under the laws of Switzerland.
These terms and conditions apply to visitors, users and others who wish to access and/or provide information on the Site and/or Services.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as your use of the Site and/or Services is subject to them. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, Crypto Analytics is not willing to provide you with access to the Site and/or Services and you should immediately discontinue your use of the Site and/or Services.
Crypto Analytics reserves the right at its sole discretion to change, modify or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice to you. Crypto Analytics encourages you to review the terms and conditions periodically so that you will be aware of any changes made to them. In any event, by continuing to use the Site and/or the Services you agree to be bound by such amended terms, which will be brought to your attention in a reasonable way.
Your rights under these ToS
- You are allowed to:
- Browse the Site and view the information as available for private, non-commercial use only;
- Print off pages from the Site to the extent reasonably necessary for your use of the Site in accordance with the above, provided that at all times you do not do any of the things set out in lit. b below; and
- Use the Services as available on the Site.
- You are not allowed to:
- Systematically copy (whether by printing off on to paper, storing on disk, web scraping or in any other way) substantial parts of the Site;
- Remove, change or obscure in any way anything on the Site or otherwise use any material contained on the Site except as set out in these terms and conditions;
- Reproduce, retransmit, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast, distribute, perform, display, create new works or commercially exploit material contained on the Site, nor can the Site and anything available from it be used in connection with creating, promoting, trading, marketing investment products without the express written consent of Crypto Analytics;
- Create abstracts from, scrape or display headlines from anything available on the Site for use on another web site or service, or use for commercial purposes, including without limitation algorithmic trading programs;
- Re-post and/or share articles available including but not limited to from weblogs, newsgroups, electronic bulletin board on the Site unless due credit is given to Crypto Analytics, or unless the re-posting and/or sharing is through services Crypto Analytics specifically provides for that purpose (for example, Facebook or Twitter) or after Crypto Analytics gives its written consent in advance; or
- Use the Site for fraudulent or unlawful purposes. You shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations at all times.
User and/or Information Providers Generated Content
- Crypto Analytics may requires you to register (“User”, and/or “Information Providers” as the case may be) before obtaining access to certain Services, functionality and/or materials on the Site. Once registered, Users and/or Information Providers are able to comment, post articles and engage in discussions freely and openly on the Site and/or Services (“User/Information Provider Generated Content”).
- User/Information Providers Generated Content typically contains the information, views, opinions, and recommendations of Users and/or Information Providers of the Services. Crypto Analytics is not responsible for the legality, reliability and appropriateness of the User/Information Providers Generated Content posted by such Users and/or Information Providers. It takes no responsibility for the reliability, fitness and adequacy of the User/Information Providers Generated Content for investment purposes or any other purposes.
- While User/Information Providers Generated Content may contain useful financial information, you are ultimately responsible for the investment decisions you make based on these information. It is your responsibility to review, analyse and verify any User/Information Providers Generated Content obtained from the Site and/or Services before relying on them.
- Crypto Analytics does not carry out routine review of User/Information Providers Generated Content to determine if they are misleading or erroneous. It does not carry out routine background checks or verifications on any Users and/or Information Providers, hence you should note that Users and/or Information Providers may not be who they say they are (for example, they may claim to be cryptocurrency analysts or financial analysts). You should also be aware that other Users and/or Information Providers may use the Services for their own personal or commercial gain.
No Investment Advice from Crypto Analytics
- You acknowledge that:
- Crypto Analytics does not provide investment advice and that nothing on the Site and/or Services constitutes investment advice and that you will not treat any of the Site and/or Services' content as such;
- Crypto Analytics does not recommend any financial product;
- Crypto Analytics does not recommend that any financial product should be bought, sold or held by you;
- Nothing on the Site and/or Services is or is to be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer by Crypto Analytics to buy or sell securities by Crypto Analytics or anything listed on Crypto Analytics’s Site;
- Information which may be referred to on the Site and/or Services from time to time may not be suitable for you and that you should not make any investment decision without consulting a fully qualified financial and/or investment adviser; and
- the use of the Site is at your own risk.
- Crypto Analytics will make available via the Site content, including (but not limited to) information, comments, reviews and other texts, data, graphics, photos, pictures and other images, films, movies, music and other audio files, software, applications or games (together referred to as “Content”). Crypto Analytics, the affiliated entities and/or our licensors own all Content made available through the Site. Such Content is subject to copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights and laws. Unless expressly stated otherwise, you may not reproduce, modify, disseminate or otherwise exploit our Content in any way or form without our prior express approval.
- In addition, you acknowledge that the Site itself is protected by copyright law. You further acknowledge that Crypto Analytics owns the trademarks “Crypto Finance” and all associated trade names, service marks and logos. All other trademarks used on the Site are the property of their respective owners. Crypto Analyitcs trademarks and logos may only be used in conjunction with services provided by Crypto Finance or with the express prior approval of Crypto Finance.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SOFTWARE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE) MAY IN PARTICULAR JURISDICTIONS RESULT IN MONETARY DAMAGES AND OTHER CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
Content You Share with us
We may include features on the Site that allow you to share your Content with us and other users of the Site. Please note that by sharing Content through the Site, your Content may become publicly accessible. You grant to Crypto Analytics and its affiliated entities a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license, without compensation to you: (a) to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt (including without limitation edit, modify, translate, and reformat), derive, transmit, display and perform, publicly or otherwise, such Content, in any media now known or hereafter developed, for Crypto Analytics and/or the affiliated entities' business purposes, and (b) to sublicense the foregoing rights, through multiple tiers, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. The foregoing licenses shall survive any termination of your use of the Site. For all of the Content you share through the Site, you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for you to grant these licenses, and that such Content, and your provision or creation thereof through the Site, complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and does not infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party, and is furthermore free from viruses and other malware. You further, to the extent permissible by law, irrevocably waive any "moral rights" or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each item of user content that you submit. Please note that we do not solicit or encourage submissions of Content containing ideas or suggestions relating to the Site, our business or our affiliated entities’ businesses. If you send us any ideas or suggestions, regardless of the topic, we and our affiliated entities will have no obligations with respect to such ideas or suggestions and may use them for any purpose whatsoever.
- By using the Site and/or Services you confirm and warrant the following:
- You use the Site and/or Services solely for personal use, and not for your business or any other entity;
- You affirm that you are of legal age to enter into these ToS or, if you are not, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into these ToS;
- You are not registered or qualified with any securities agency, any securities exchange, association or regulatory body in any country;
- You do not perform any functions that are similar to those that require an individual to register or qualify with any securities agency, any securities exchange, or association or regulatory body, or any commodities or futures contract market, or association or regulatory body;
- You are not engaged as an investment advisor or asset manager and you are not engaged to provide investment advice to any individual or entity; and
- You are not using the Site and/or Services in your capacity as a principal, officer, partner, employee, or agent of any business or on behalf of any other individual.
Exclusions and Limitations of Liability
- We will use reasonable skill and care in providing our Services to you and in keeping a safe, secure, and error-free environment, but we cannot guarantee that our Services will always function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. Thus, no assurances, guarantee or liability is given for the accuracy of the information provided on our Site. Crypto Analytics assumes no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents of the Site.
- In no event shall Crypto Analytics and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, partners and Information Providers be liable (whether for breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) for:
- any loss of profits;
- loss of sales;
- loss of revenue;
- loss of savings;
- loss of goodwill;
- loss of any software or data;
- loss of bargain;
- loss of opportunity;
- loss of use of computer equipment;
- loss of or waste of management or other staff time; and/or
- any indirect, consequential or special loss, however arising.
- If any applicable authority holds any portion of this clause to be unenforceable, then the liability will be limited to the fullest possible extent permitted by applicable law.
- You understand and agree that your use of the Site and/or Services is at your sole risk.
- ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL USE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON BY YOU IN MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISION. THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES DO NOT PROVIDE INVESTMENT ADVICE AND NOTHING ON THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS BEING INVESTMENT ADVICE. BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT CHOICE YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT A FULLY QUALIFIED FINANCIAL AND/OR INVESTMENT ADVISER.
- ALTHOUGH CRYPTO ANALYTICS USES ITS REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE THAT INFORMATION ON THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES IS ACCURATE AND COMPLETE, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THIS TO BE THE CASE. CERTAIN INFORMATION AND DATA PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES MAY BE DELAYED AS SPECIFIED BY FINANCIAL EXCHANGES OR INFORMATION PROVIDERS. CRYPTO ANALYTICS AND THE INFORMATION PROVIDERS FURNISH THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES WITHOUT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACCURACY AND YOU AGREE THAT ERRORS OR OMISSIONS CONTAINED IN SUCH INFORMATION SHALL NOT BE MADE THE BASIS FOR ANY CLAIM, DEMAND OR CAUSE OF ACTION AGAINST CRYPTO ANALYTICS OR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDER. AS A RESULT, AND NOTWIHSTANDING ANYTHING THAT MAY HAVE BEEN SAID TO THE CONTRARY, USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND CRYPTO ANALYTICS CANNOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES. YOU SHOULD TAKE ADEQUATE STEPS TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES.
- YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICES AND THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE AND/OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS ON AN "AS-IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND CRYPTO ANALYTICS, ITS USERS AND INFORMATION PROVIDERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- CRYPTO ANALYTICS IS NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY MANNER WITH ANY CRYPTOCURRENCY. CRYPTO ANALYTICS SIMPLY COLLECTS ALL THE DATA REQUIRED TO QUANTITAVELY RANK THE POTENTIAL OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES USING ITS VERY OWN METRICS AND ALGORITHM.
- The Site and/or Services include and/or may include advertisements and links to external sites and co-branded pages or promote websites or services from other companies or offer you the ability to download software or content from other companies in order to provide you with access to information and services which you may find useful or interesting. Crypto Analytics does not endorse such sites nor approve any content, information, legal or illegal emails (whether spam emails or not), goods or services provided by them. Crypto Analytics is not responsible for and does not control those websites, services, emails, content and software and cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your use of its Site and/or Services or of such external and/or co-branded sites.
- Crypto Analytics is unable to exercise control over the security or content of information passing over the network, and Crypto Analytics hereby excludes all liability of any kind for the transmission or reception of infringing or unlawful information of whatever nature.
- Crypto Analytics accepts no liability for loss or damage suffered by you as a result of accessing the Site and/or Services which contains any virus or which has been maliciously corrupted.
Availability and Updating of the Site and/or Services
- Crypto Analytics is constantly updating materials on the Site and/or Services and may experience delays in such updates. Crypto Analytics reserves the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
- Crypto Analytics may suspend the operation of the Site and/or Services in order to carry out maintenance work, or to update or upgrade its content or functionality from time to time. Crypto Analytics does not warrant that access to or use of the Site and/or its Services or of any sites or pages linked to it will be uninterrupted or error free.
- Crypto Analytics may discontinue or change all or any of the Services or materials on the Site, or their availability to all of their users, in its sole discretion, at any time without notice.
- Crypto Analytics may change the format and content of the Site and/or its Services at its sole discretion from time to time. You should refresh your browser each time you visit the Site and/or its Services to ensure that you access the most up to date version of the Site and/or Services.
Crypto Analytics may terminate these terms and conditions and your access to and use of the Site and/or Services, or any portion thereof, in its sole discretion, at any time without notice.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Crypto Analytics and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, directors, officers, agents, employees, partners and Information Providers harmless from and against any and all claims, demand, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses including but not limited to attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your access of the Site and/or Services by you or any person whether or not using your account and password, and your violation of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions contain the final and entire agreement between you and Crypto Analytics regarding your use of the Site and/or Services and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous oral or written agreements regarding your use of the Site and/or Services. This agreement is personal to you, which means that you may not transfer and assign your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to anyone. No third party is a beneficiary of these terms and conditions.
- Crypto Analytics reserves the right to disclose any information about its users in order to comply with any applicable laws and/or requests under legal process, to operate its systems properly, to protect its property or rights, and to safeguard the interests of its users.
You agree to let Crypto Analytics use your email address, if available, to send you service-related notices or other important informational emails. You may unsubscribe from the emails by following the corresponding links included in the emails themselves.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland. Place of jurisdiction shall be Zurich, Switzerland.
- Crypto Analytics’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions will remain in effect.